Cowgirl Baby Shower
This past weekend I helped host a baby shower for a friend. Since my friend loves horses (a true horse girl) and lives in the country, I thought it would be appropriate to have a cowgirl themed shower for her. My friends helped me with the decorations and food. With all of the sickness in our house recently I don’t think I would have been able to pull it off myself. Thanks sweet friends!
Details of the party:
- Theme: cowgirl
- Colors: pink, brown, white
- Time: 10 AM -12 PM
- Food: hash brown casserole, spinach quiche, ham quiche, biscuits, fruit skewers with yogurt dip, sausage balls, cheese and crackers (gluten free and regular), bagels and cream cheese, and cooked sushi. Why not?
- Drinks: coffee, hot water with a variety of teabags, and orange juice. My friend brought small mason jars to use as cups. This worked wonderfully for hot and cold drinks. Great for any party (of course not suitable for kid parties).
- Decorations: daisies in mason jars with tied handkerchiefs, pom flowers, homemade cowgirl outfit, and cowgirl diaper cake.
- Games: baby gift bingo (see how to play below), baby name word game, mad lib game. If you would like to use my template for baby gift bingo, download the pdf. and feel free to use it. This template is black and white. You can cut each “board” with scrapbooking scissors, and glue onto decorative scrapbooking paper. This will work for a boy or girl shower. My son helped me by using the glue stick and gluing each “board”. He was bored from being at home sick for so long and this gave him something to do.
Baby Gift Bingo
At the beginning of the baby shower give each guest a bingo card. Instruct them to fill each square with an item they believe the expectant mother will open later as a gift. During gift opening time the guests will mark off the items they wrote in the squares as she opens them. Whoever gets bingo (down or across) 1st wins a prize.
Pictures from the shower: