Sometimes as a mother of small children it’s way too easy to fall into the rut of taking care of everyone but yourself. You take care of the kids, you take care of the million details that come up each day, but when do you find the time to pamper yourself?
You are important, and taking care of you should be on your list of things to do. Many Moms feel compelled to put everything else first, but I’d like to share a bit of wisdom with you. If you constantly give, give, give, there will eventually be nothing left to give. When I was raising my children I somehow instinctively knew that even though they did come first I had to take care of myself or there would be nothing left to give to my children and husband.
I think you’ll find if you do this that you will enjoy your family even more. So, why not consider letting the dishes or the laundry slide, and taking time out to pamper you a little. Why not do something you love, but never have time for. If nothing comes to mind, here are a few ideas. Some of these things take a few minutes, some take a few hours, but the important thing is to take some time for you today.
- Pamper yourself with a long soak in your bath. Try some lavender essential oil bath salts; light a scented candle; play some relaxing music.
- Do a Yoga Class – (at home or at the gym or studio)
- Don’t feel like exercising today? If you have a gym membership, you can still go there. Take advantage of the childcare to read a magazine, or sit in the sauna, or Jacuzzi
- Go to a movie
- Read a Book or Magazine
- Get a facial, or do one for yourself
- Sit outside and enjoy the sunshine
- Take a nap
- Go for a walk or a bike ride
- Get a massage
- Go shopping for something fun
- Get a pedicure and/or manicure – If that’s too expensive do it yourself
- Have lunch with a friend
It doesn’t have to be fancy or elaborate. Just do something to pamper you today.
For more articles from Renee visit ForeverFitLife.com